"Sibesabz" means Green Apple in Farsi.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

In a Persian Market Place-Albert Ketelbey-Sammy Davis Jr.


"In a Persian Market Place" is British composer Albert William Ketelbey's most famous composition. Ketelbey (1875–1959), was an English composer, conductor and pianist.
I would really love to listen to this fantastic symphony in a concert and enjoy the live performance.
I’ve added this nice music to a slide show presenting Iran, including some photos of art, architecture, carpet, poets, food, landmarks and nice places to visit, etc.


In a Persian Market Place - Albert Ketelbey

Many musicians have performed "In a Persian Market Place”. Here is the performance by Sammy Davis Jr. who was an American entertainer (1925–1990).
I offer this song to one of my friends. Actually he is one of my blog visitors, a young student who has got to know a Persian girl in the college and… yes, he has fallen in love with her… Nice choice! Iranian women are really loyal to their family. He has learnt Farsi language not for the sake of learning a language but for her sake… The power of love is a curious thing, makes a man to learn a language… Great!


In a Persian Market Place - Sammy Davis Jr.
The lyrics of “In a Persian market place”:

When lights are low my thoughts always go
To a far off land 'cross the sea
Amber moon and the sweet perfume
Of the mystic East call to me

In a Persian market place
Love and I came face to face
While the temple bells were ringing
Two hearts shared a sweet embrace

Like a dream she soon was gone
But her spell still lingers on
It was in a Persian market
I found love and lost my heart

(Orchestral Break)

Like a dream she soon was gone
But her spell still lingers on
It was in a Persian market
I found love and lost my heart
I found love and lost my heart

5 comments:

  1. It is a fantastic post – immense clear and easy to understand. I am also holding out for the sharks too that made me laugh. persian carpet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rugs are precious. Therefore, it is important to not only be an educated buyer but also an educated seller when the time comes. In this article, the author lays out the principles to follow for selling valuable persian rugs in clear language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here you will perceive what is goliath, it's beginning and end on a very basic level's a party with an astounding page: dark0de market url

    ReplyDelete