"Sibesabz" means Green Apple in Farsi.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The White Paper Gulls-Qada al-Samman-غادة السمّان -نوارس الورق الابیض

Ghada al-Samman (Arabic: غادة السمّان‎) is an Arab Syrian writer, journalist and novelist born in Damascus in 1942 to a prominent and conservative Damascene family, she is remotely related to Nizar Qabbani, the famous poet. Her father was Dr. Ahmed al-Samman, PhD, a president of the Syrian University. She was deeply influenced by him since her mother died at a very young age.
She is also known as a poet. Here is a poem called “The White Paper Gulls”.

نوارس الورق الابیض
حينما استحضرك
واكتب عنك،
يتحول القلم في يدي
الى وردة حمراء...
لم يكن بوسع مجنونة مثلي
ترتدي هدوءها بكل أناقة...
- وتغلق الأزرار اللؤلؤية لثوب اتزانها البارد
على تيه غجرية عارية القدمين-،
لم يكن بوسع حمقاء مثلي
إلا أن تحب شاعرا مبدعا متوحشا مثلك...
طفولي الأنانية، غزير الخيانات والأكاذيب مثلك...!
حينما أسطر اسمك،
تفاجئني أوراقي تحت يدي
وماء البحر يسيل منها
والنوارس البيض تطير فوقها...
وحينما ا كتب عنك
تشب النار في ممحاتي
ويهطل المطر من طاولتي
وتنبت الأزهار الربيعية على قش سلة مهملاتي
وتطير منها الفراشات الملونة ، والعصافير
وحين أمزق ما كتبت
تصير بقايا أوراقي وفتافيتها
قطعا من المرايا الفضية،
كقمر وقع وانكسر على طاولتي...
علمني كيف أكتب عنك
أو، كيف أنساك

Ghada al-Samman

Translated into English:
The White Paper Gulls
when I am thinking of you,
and when I am writing about you,
the pen in my hand turns
into a red rose
it was not in the hands of a crazy one like me
who wears her calm with full elegance
closing the pearly buttons of her cold balance dress
on the bare feet of a lost gypsy
it was not in the hands of a stupid one like me
not to fall in love with a brutal creative poet like you
the childish selfish, the lies of betrayals like you
when I am writing your name
the papers in my hand surprise me
the sea water over floods them
the white gulls fly above them
and when I am writing about you
a fire erupts in my eraser
and the rain falls down on my table
and the spring flowers grow from my scrap paper basket
and colored butterflies and sparrows fly
when I tear what I have written
the remains of the paper become
pieces of silver mirrors
like a moon that has fallen down
and broke apart on my table
teach me how to write about you
or teach me how to forget you!

ترجمه به فارسی:
مرغان سپید بال بهاری
هنگامی که از تو یاد می کنم
و از تو می نویسم
قلم در دستم
به گلی سرخ بدل می شود
در توان زنی دیوانه همچون من نبود
که جامه ی آرامش را با دلفریبی تمام بپوشد
و دگمه های مروارید را بر جامه ی متانت سرد خود بندد
- برهنه پای همچون کولی سرگردان-
در توان زنی ابله همچون من نبود
جز آنکه عاشق شاعری خلاق و وحشی همچون تو شود
با خودخواهی های کودکانه ات، دروغ ها و خیانت هایت
هنگامی که نامت را می نویسم
کاغذهای زیر دستم مرا غافلگیر می کنند
و آب دریا از آن طغیان می کند
و مرغان سپید بال بر فراز آن به پرواز درمی آیند
و هنگامی که از تو می نویسم
آتش در مداد پاک کن ام شعله ور می شود
و باران بر میزم می بارد
و بر سبد کاغذهای باطله ام گلهای بهاری می رویند
و از بالای آن پروانه های رنگین و گنجشکان به پرواز درمی آیند
هنگامی که آنچه را نوشته ام پاره می کنم
کاغذ پاره هایم
قطعه هایی از آینه ی نقره می شوند
چنانکه گویی ماه سقوط کرده و روی میزم تکه تکه شده است
بیاموز مرا چگونه از تو بنویسم
یا چگونه فراموشت کنم

No comments:

Post a Comment