"Sibesabz" means Green Apple in Farsi.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mario Benedetti - Gepanzertes Herz

Mario Orlando Hamlet Hardy Brenno Benedetti Farugia (September 14, 1920 – May 17, 2009) was a Uruguayan journalist, novelist, and poet. He was not well known in the English-speaking world, but in the Spanish-speaking world he was considered one of Latin America's most important 20th-century writers.

Gepanzertes Herz

Weil ich dich habe und nicht habe,
weil ich an dich denke,
weil die Nacht offene Augen hat,
weil die Nacht vergeht und ich “Liebe" sage.
Weil du gekommen bist, dein Bild zu holen
und besser bist als alle deine Bilder.
Weil du vom Kopf bis zur Seele schön bist,
weil du von der Seele bis zu mir gut bist,
weil du dich süss hinter dem Stolz versteckst,
klein und süss, gepanzertes Herz,
weil du mein bist, weil du nicht mein bist.
Ich muss dich lieben, Geliebte,
ich muss dich lieben, auch wenn mich diese Wunde
doppelt schmerzt,
auch wenn ich dich suche und nicht finde
und auch wenn die Nacht vergeht
und ich dich habe und nicht habe.
Mario Benedetti

translated into English:
Stone hearted


Because I have you and I don’t have you,
because I think of you,
because the night has open eyes,
because the night goes by and I say "love".
Because you have come to get your picture
and you are better than all your pictures.
Because you are beautiful from head to soul
because you are good from the soul to me,
because you are hidden sweet behind the pride
small and sweet, stone hearted
because you are mine because you are not mine.
I must love you, sweetheart,
I must love you, even if it wound me
doubly hurts
even if I seek you and I don’t find you
and even if the night goes by
and I have you and I don’t have you.

:ترجمه به فارسی
دل سنگ

برای اینکه تو را دارم و ندارم
برای اینکه به تو می اندیشم
برای اینکه شب چشمانش را گشوده است
برای اینکه شب می گذرد و من از عشق می گویم
برای اینکه تو آمده ای تا تصویر خود را ببری
و تو بهتر از همه ی تصویرهایت هستی
برای اینکه تو زیبا هستی از سر تا روح
برای اینکه تو خوب هستی از روح تا من
برای اینکه تو شیرین زیر غرور پنهان شده ای
کوچک و شیرین، دل سنگ
برای اینکه تو برای من هستی و نیستی
من باید تو را دوست بدارم، معشوق من
من باید تو را دوست بدارم، هرچند که این گناه
مرا دوبرابر می آزارد
هرچند که تو را می جویم و نمی یابم
و هرچند که شب می گذرد
و من تو را دارم و ندارم


1 comment:

  1. Thank you sharing this poem but think you are
    missing a section that comes after....because you are mine because you are not mine

    "porque te miro y muero
    y peor que muero
    si no te miro amor,
    si no te miro.
    Porque tu siempre existes dondequiera
    pero existes mejor donde te quiero
    Porque tu boca es sangre
    y tienes frio"

    my own translation for that section of Shielded Heart is:

    "because I see you and die and worse than death,
    if I do not see you my love,
    if I do not see you
    because you always exist wherever
    but exist better where I want you
    Because you mouth is blood
    and are cold"

    Salut

    ReplyDelete